Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 April 2020

Louis Armstrong....320 Kbps




It seems incredible that Louis was nearly 60 (59) to be presise !....when he recorded this L/P....and it has his voice "Matured" so it say's on the back sleeve....but I would have thought that there would have been some difference in his younger vocals being as his voice is so unique and with that great trumpet playing...but no its as fresh as when he first started in 1917 !!....but perhaps not so wild !!....A very nice selection of standard songs sung as only Louis can !!!

1.When Your Lover Has Gone
2.You're The Top
3. You Turned The Tables On Me
4. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
5. Little Girl Blue

1. Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
2. We'll Be Together Again
3. I've Got The World On A String
4. Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me
5. I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues



     2. We'll Be Together Again.

7 comments:

  1. Luigi, the volume on this download is severely low. WAY TOO low... In fact, It turns out that the volume is also way low on the Louis Armstrong download & the Peggy Lee albums as well. Too bad, we really looked forward to enjoying these. Perhaps there is something amiss with your audio transfer system. Maybe you can avoid this happening in the future. Just letting you know, thanx for all the great stuff you've offered us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Timmy...Thanks for the Info...someone else has told me about the low volume on the Cashman & West post..I have downloaded that post and also have downloaded the louis armstrong post and they both seem to be ok on my computer playing and full volume strange Eh !!!...I have got a new turntable and checking it over i found on the back there is a small button switch that gives you the option of either "phono or Line...it was set at line so I have now re-set it to phono...and i think that may solve the problem...so tommorow I will post an L/P with that setting....have look and let me know if its okay if it is then I shall re-record all the ones that i have recorded with the new turntable....can't understand why its okay on my computer and low volume on others....so please let me know if the post tommorrow is ok....cheers...Luigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's peaking at something like -36dB! Scarcely off the noise floor.
    Phono outputs are not likely to solve the problem as they are lower, if your cartridge is magnetic, and it will be unequalised.
    What matters is the input setting of your recording software . Set it to peak at somewhere around -3dB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Post Is Now Okay..Volume is fixed...
    🤞 !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I get an alternate link for this please? Still having issues with Pixeldrain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Soupy...just seen your msg...try this BOL !
    🤞 !

    ReplyDelete