Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Barbra Streisand.


This is also an early recording of Barbra's....if I remember correctly it was a TV Special that she did in about 1965....most of her early work was straight forward and un-complicated...her later recordings tended to be a bit over produced but saying that she is still a great singer and has made some great L/P's & CD's.....Great version of "Someone To Watch Over Me" and who would of thought that "I've Got No Strings" from "Disney's" "Pinocchio" would sound as good as it does !!!

P.S. It always has puzzled me why they seemed to be 2 front covers to this L/P and it has just dawned on me DUH!!....Side One relates to the cover above and Side Two cover below is Barbra in grown up mode and the songs reflect that !!!.....That took over 50 years for the penny to drop !!!

1. My Name Is Barbra
2. A Kid Again / I'm Five
3. Jenny Rebecca
4. My Pa
5. Sweet Zoo
6. Where Is The Wonder

1. I Can See It
2. Someone To Watch Over Me
3. I've Got No Strings
4. If You Were The Only Boy In The World
5. Why Did I Choose You
6. My Man



3. I've Got No Strings

5 comments: