Total Pageviews

Monday 30 August 2021

The Ray Conniff Singers.


I think that this was the second L/P with the singers singing the lyrics...and a great job they do...I think that Ray Conniff set the standard and the "Benchmark" for most of the "Singing Groups" that came after !!

1. Remember
2. You'll Never Know
3. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
4. I'm In The Mood For Love
5. I'll Be Seeing You
6. It's Dark On Observatory Hill

1. These Foolish Things
2. Ma He's Making Eyes At Me
3. Young At Heart
4. If I Loved You
5. Harbour Lights
6. I'll See You In My Dreams






      6. I'll See You In My Dreams

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, Ray Conniff has set a standard. From my point of view, this is also related to his jazz-oriented approach. Which is of course due to the fact that Ray Conniff has worked with musicians like Artie Shaw and Harry James, and also played trombone in the process. And compared to Ray Conniff, some alternative groups sound a bit anaemic to my mind due to abandonment of jazzy arrangements and by their more folkloric approach! Thank you very much for this beautiful memory.

    ReplyDelete