Total Pageviews

Friday 4 August 2023

Peggy Lee..Pete Kelly's Blues.


 This is also one of my favorite films so naturally the cover is a bit battered and seen better days...I think that I should have taken more care of the covers... then some of the L/P's could be worth a fortune !!....Fat chance of that I reckon...both covers and records have to be in pristine condition for some of them to be worth something and as you can see mine ain't !!!!

1. Oh Didn't He Ramble
2. Sugar
3. Somebody Loves Me 
4. I'm Gonna Meet My Sweetie Now
5. I Never Knew
6. Bye Bye Blackbird

1. What Can I Say After I Say I'm Sorry
2. Hard Hearted Hannah....Ella Fitzgerald
3. Ella Hums The Blues....Ella Fitzgerald
4. He Needs Me
5. Sing A Rainbow
6. Pete Kelly's Blues....Ella Fitzgerald


 Back To The L/P....this one always reminds me of my army days because I saw this film again when I was at Catterick....Ok so I'm rambling a bit... its my age so people tell me!! This is not a "Film Soundtrack" but is just songs from the film....In the film Peggy Lee only sings 5 of the songs Ella does sing the 3 that are on here...2 are sung by Janet Leigh and the rest by the band in the film..I wonder if Janet Leigh's voice was dubbed... no indication of it anywhere so who knows.....the CD version has a lot more music on it but not the vocals by Janet Leigh....sorry it is a bit scratchy


          2. Sugar

6 comments:

  1. you have just filled a place in my musical heart i had needed for so long. You are doing great work and it is appreciated so much. I will be going on a record digging expedition in the next month and Peggy is who i will be looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess by now you know I like Peggy Lee. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRIEND ESPO, I LOVE YOUR MUSIC, IT'S GREAT. THANKS FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luigi! Gorgeous LP! Be kind, please fix the link! Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yodel..glad you stuck around !..here is the file you requested sure is a great L/P one of my favourites of the 50's ..AHhhhh sweet memories.....Cheers....Luigi !
    REQUESTED RE -POST.
    enjoy

    ReplyDelete