Total Pageviews

Friday 8 May 2020

Liza Minnelli...320 Kbps


It amazes me is the title of this album and it certainly does amaze me...because Liza sounds like Barbra Streisand in her very early days...Particularly the albums  called "The Barbra Streisand Album" and "The Second Barbra Streisand Album"....Maybe the fact that the arrangements and both Barbra's and the above were produced by the same man"Peter Matz"....But now at this moment in time Barbra and Liza sound very different...I think that both singers where trying to find there own "Sound".....This L/P was recorded well before Liza's "Cabaret" film...

1. Wait Till You See Him
2. My Shinning Hour
3. I Like The Likes Of You
4. It Amazes Me
5. Looking At You
6. I Never Have Seen Snow

1. Plenty Of Time
2. For Every Man There's A Woman 
3. Lorelei
4. Shouldn't There Be Lightning
5. Nobody Knows You When Your Down And Out



   3. I Like The Likes Of You.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Thanks for sharing this. I was so impressed I listened to it several times in a row. And now several more times since. I have a few Liza albums and have seen her in concert twice, but I had not given much thought to her in a number of years. You have sent me back through my records, revisiting Liza's recordings. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long shot. By any chance do you or your contacts happen to have her first album from 1964 - Liza! Liza!

    ReplyDelete