Total Pageviews

Friday 7 August 2020

Vikki Carr...320 Kbps

Here's one from "Bob" getting us back on track and its a "Gud Un" !!....Vikki singing some well known songs and putting her own spin on them...That's what I like to hear singers doing there own interpretation of songs and getting as far away from the original so it sounds different.....Having said that it doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy the originals most of the time they are the definitive versions...BUT there are exceptions !!!!

    4. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart

2 comments:

  1. I like her version of "I can´t give Back The Love I feel for You", though it is said that she couldn´t match those by D Ross, Dusty springfield, the original by Syreeta (Rita Wright), not even Kiki Dee´s version. It´s probably true but, though I´m not generally fond of V carr recordings, I like that song by her, she´s able to sound soul/r&B, far from the rest of her recordings. I think.

    ReplyDelete