Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 May 2020

Mrs Miller...320 Kbps


I don't know what I was thinking of in the 60's when this L/P first saw the light of day !!...If my memory is correct I heard the tracks "A Lovers Concerto" And "Lets Hang On" on the radio and bought it because of them...at that time I thought they were fun !!...OK I suppose they were and still are !!...BUT what a load of "Balderdash" that is written on the back sleeve !! I hope that "Gary Owens" wrote it with his tongue firmly in his cheek !!....Having said all that have a listen and be pleased to hear what other people say !!

1. Downtown
2. The Shadow Of Your Smile
3. A Hard Day's Night
4. Dear Heart
5. Chim Chim Cher-ee
6. These Boots Are Made For Walking 

1. A Lover's Concerto
2. Let's Hang On
3. Catch A Falling Star
4. Gonna Be Like That
5. My Love


     1. Downtown.

5 comments:

  1. Have just discovered your Blog and wow what a feast! A lot of it long forgotten old favourites from my past which I will cherish hearing again. Thank you so much and please keep finding these golden greats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...Mrs Miller, if memory serves me (which it often does not) she thought she was the cream of the crop and certainly did not produce these albums as a joke - the rest of us though, quickly put her right in that category, quirky, often embarrassing but strangely fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance of re-upping this classic? -Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Mrs Miller is to pop what Florence Foster Jenkins was to opera!! The cover is interesting with a touch, dare I say it, of eroticism. Witness her firm grip on the microphone which clearly has phallic symbolism. I think a brief listen to the contents will quell any amorous thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete