Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 March 2023

Pia Beck

 One from "Bob".....and a great one too !!..new to me and getting better every time Bob sends me a download of hers !!...anybody who likes something different will miss out  if they don't have a listen !!.....I Just Love "I Left My Heart In San Fransico" !!...so have a listen to that track here...



Jazz virtuoso Pia Beck, born on September 18, 1925 in residence The Hague, is a natural talent through and through. A musical centipede who has always gone her own musical way. She can't read a note, even if it's the size of a cow! A self-taught musician who plays against all musical rules in her own music. And what kind of music. Boogie-woogie, jazz, rock 'n roll, blues, you can't imagine it that way or Pia will play it. In fact, many of her own compositions have become evergreens, such as “Pia's Boogie”.

              10. I Left My Heart In San Francisco     
               6. Humoresque

4 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Luigi!
    I wish you a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in The Hague in 1947. She has het own club in Scheveningen near The Hague, I saw her many times. Great artistThanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all your efforts, they're much appreciated. Love this Pia Beck album! Kindly re-up Rita Reys and Blossom Dearie if not a bother. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete