Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong.

 When you have a great set of songs from a great Play/Musical and two of the worlds greatest singers and performers there is no need for any comment at all JUST LISTEN !!!!..this is a double L/P..The overture on  Side 1 is a long track !!

 1. Overture....Russell Garcia & Orch
2. Summertime.....Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
3. I Wants To Stay Here....Ella Fitzgerald

1. My Mans Gone Now....Ella Fitzgerald
2. I Got Plenty Of Nuttin'....Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
3. Buzzard Song....Ella Fitzgerald
4. Bess You Is My Woman Now....Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

1. It Ain't Necessarily So....Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
2. What You Want Wid Bess....Ella Fitzgerald
3. A Woman Is A Sometime Thing....Louis Armstrong
4. Oh Doctor Jesus....Ella Fitzgerald

1. Medley....Ella Fitzgerald
    a. Here Comes The Honey Man
    b. Crab Man
    c. Oh Dey's So Fresh And Fine (Strawberry Woman)
2. There's A Boat Dat's Leavin' Soon For New York....Louis Armstrong
3. Bess Oh Where's My Bess....Louis Armstrong
4. Oh Lawd I'm On My Way....Louis Armstrong


           2. Summertime

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Was not aware of this record. And bonus, Russ Garcia is an excellent arranger. Thanks for the great jazz post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Luigi, 2016 is far away now, so I ask if you can reup a link please. thanks once again, Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roger...7 years have flashed by !!...but here is your request for Ella & Louis .....Plus one of my favourite video's of Ella below !!...Enjoy Them Both !!
    RE-POST
    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Luigi, many thanks for the re-post, Yes the video is great, scatting a Rodgers & Hart song is fine any day of the week. The Porgy & Bess 'escaped' me years ago, I think probably because of a preference for one of the others that they did together, there is a wonderful Moonlight in Vermont on it. Anyway thanks again, keep fit, Roger.

    ReplyDelete