Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Billie Holiday.


This is a fantastic L/P maybe perhaps for the Jazz lovers...but maybe after reading this some of you out there with good music taste will perhaps give it a listen...Billie sings with a jazz group of Trumpet, Tenor Sax, Piano, Guitar And Drums and all the tracks except one is done in a Jam Session Style.. that is Billie Sings then you have the solo's of trumpet, sax, ect ending with Billie singing again...The Track "One For My Baby" is a corker she sings all the time all 5 and a half minuets of it and it even beats the "Sinatra's" version and boy does that take some doing !! Billie voice is definitely an acquired taste when I first heard her I didn't take much notice but as the years went by and I got older and wiser then the appreciation kicked in...This was recorded in 1956 unfortunately 3 years later Billie died.....

 1. Day In Day Out
2. A Foggy Day
3. Stars Fell On Alabama
4. One For My Baby
5. Lets Call the Whole Thing Off

1. Just One Of Those Things
2. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
3. Comes Love
4. Embraceable You
5. They Can't Take That Away From Me





3. Stars Fell On Alabama.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff, espo. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for this re upload,great album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give up! Where's da link??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. give the smiley face a whirl !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot! Easy to find

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so kindly, Espo. I agree, although myself I have always felt the specialness of Lady Day's vocals, the older I get, the more I appreciate her rare qualities.
    WONDERFUL music, and I'm not strictly a jazz fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Billie Holiday, and this is a TREAT to find! Thank you a million times over :D

    ReplyDelete