Another cool selection of songs by Petula plus her hit the L/P's title...Just a bit of Petula trivia... The track "For Love" was written by "Al Grant" which is Petula's sometime pseudonym name she uses for her song writing !!! 1. Smile
2. Black Coffee
3.The Last Waltz
4. Answer Me 5. The Other Mans Grass Is Always Greener 6. Today Tomorrow
1. I Could Have Danced All Night 2. At The Crossroads 3. Isle De France 4. The Cat In The Window 5. For Love 6. Ballad Of The Sad Young Man
Now here's a compilation L/P that the record company has given some thought to it..and not just gathered together random hits !!....The title is very appropriate for all the tracks.. and has some classic hits of the 70's/80's (I think)...Who can forget the great "Bobby Goldsboro's" "Summer"...and the best recording of "All By Myself" by "Eric Carmen"...not forgetting "Paul Young's" best ever hit.....All the tracks are A1.. by Super Singers....congratulations to "Dennis Knowles"who compiled this L/P....and an inspired last track "Music" by "John Miles" to end the L/P !! 1. Miss You Nights....Cliff Richard 2. I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love....Rita Coolidge
3. Gaye....Clifford T Ward
4. Your Song....Elton John
5. The Winner Takes It All....Abba
6. All Out Of Love....Air Supply
7. Summer (The First Time)....Bobby Goldsboro
8. All By Myself....Eric Carmen
1. We Don't Talk Anymore....Cliff Richard
2. We're All Alone....Rita Coolidge
3. Up In The World....Clifford T Ward 4. I Have a Dream....ABBA 5. Wherever I Hang My Hat....Paul Young
With this L/P Barbra still has not got 100% control over her voice.. but still it's some of the best early vocals of hers...what she does with the track "Down With Love"is nothing but genius...I wonder what it would sound like if she did it now!!!...There is no doubt that her voice has changed and gone deeper and these days she has got full control of her voice....and there is a definite different sound now....Her record company CBS released a 45 single of two songs from this L/P that are different versions "My Colouring Book" & "Lover Come Back To Me"so I am posting them as well so you can hear the difference !! P.S. Some Production Information....both the L/P and the single was produced by "Mike Bernikar"The L/P was released in England in 1963 and was arranged and conducted by "Peter Matz"....the single was released in England in 1962 and the track "My Colouring Book" was arranged and conducted by "Robert Mersey"..."Lover Come Back To Me" was arranged and conducted by "George Williams"......there is defiantly a difference in the "Colouring Book" track but not much difference to the "Lover" track !!! 1. Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home 2. Right As The Rain 3. Down With Love 4. Who Will Buy 5. When The Sun Comes Out 1. Gotta Move 2. My Colouring Book 3. I Don't Care Much 4. Lover Come Back To Me 5. I Stayed To Long At The Fair 6. Like A Straw In The Wind 7. My Colouring Book ( 45 Single ) 8. Lover Come back To Me ( 45 Single )
This is another great recording from about 1958.....I keep thinking that Sinatra is going to start singing as the arrangements are very similar to his SFSL's especially on the tracks "Without A Song" & "I'll Get By" !!!
1. Jeannine 2. Without A Song 3. September In The Rain 4. S'posin' 5. Am I Blue 6. Rain
1. I'll Get By 2. Diga Diga Doo 3. For All We Know 4. Time Was 5. Something To Remember You By 6. Get Happy
This group didn't make any L/P's only single's so here is a selection of what they did !! The Four Voices were a 1950s vocal harmony quartet based in Tennessee that issued a succession of singles on Columbia Records. Formed in the USA during the mid-50s, the Four Voices were Allan Chase (tenor), Sal Mayo (tenor), Bill McBride (baritone) and Frank Fosta (bass baritone). The group appeared on the Arthur Godfrey television programme and were seen by Columbia Records’ A&R executive Mitch Miller, who signed them in 1955. The quartet placed one single, ‘Lovely One’, in the Top 20 in 1956 and a second at number 50. They then had an uneventful five years, but by the early 60s Chase had left with the others trying to carry on for another year before resigning themselves to anonymity. 1. Lovely One 2. Honest Darling 3. Bon Bon 4. Bim Bam Baby 5. I Love You Still 6. Tight Spot 7. The Box 8. Each Time You Kiss Me 9. Sealed With A Kiss 10. Good Good Thing 11. Who Knows Why 12. You know I Do 13. Your All There Is 14. Angel of Love
It’s good to have this “Live 1982 in New York” it helps bridge the gap between the original Swingles and the later ones from the 1990s onwards. Ward Swingle was still a member of the group (he retired in 1984, although he retained the position of musical adviser and sometimes arranger) and on the cover photo he is starting to look, well, maybe not like the grand pop’ of the rest (and the rest look like they’ve just come out of adolescence), but certainly as their dad. But it certainly isn’t something you hear, although, playing by ear (specific credits are not given), it isn’t Swingle who takes the solo part the long solo part in Stevenson’s Romance and the shorter one in Shakespeare’s song (tracks 4 & 5). Gallant of him to have let the spotlight to the youngsters.
If any of you out there in the wide wide world has not heard any of "Clifford T Ward" songs then you are missing out of something great....The video below is one of his best songs and also one of my favourite songs...love it when the lyrics to a song mean something and make complete sense. listen to all the lyrics on this L/P and you will see what I mean !!...all the songs on this one are great so come on folks give it a go and listen carefully I'm sure that most people will be able to know exactly what he means !!
1. Scullery 2. Not Waving-Drowning 3. Are You Really Interested 4. A Sad Cliche 5. To An Air Hostess
1. All Modern Conveniences 2. Wayward 3. Screen Test 4. For Debbie And Her Friends 5. Tea Cosy
Good job my musical taste is as varied as it is otherwise I would have missed out on some great modern songs as this L/P has some !!....love the live version of "Seven Bridges Road" & "New Kid In Town"and of course "Hotel California" has to make an apearance !!!
1. Hotel California 2. Heartache Tonight 3. Seven Bridges Road 4. Victim Of Love 5. The Sad Cafe
1. Life In The Fast Lane 2. I Can't Tell You Why 3. New Kid In Town 4. The Long Run 5. After The Thrill Is Gone
This L/P was bought on one of my holiday's I'd forgotten all
about it and I think that I have only played it once I think.... but I
thought I would share it with everybody because it does sound
authentic....still can't remember what made me buy it !!...must have
been all the wine and tequilla...."El Pasadoble" has all the bull fight
music....and its good to hear the familar "Tangos" I presume how they
were first composed without the lyrics....all in all I think it was a
good buy !!
P.S. It still sounds authentic !!!!.......Translations By "Google Translate "
1. El Gato Montes ( The WildCat )
2. Suspiros De Espana ( Spain Sighs )
3. Mi Jaca ( My Jaca )
4. En Er Mundo ( On Is Mundo )
5. Islas Canarias (Canary Islands ) 6. La Giralda ( The Gialda )
Not much one can say about Barbra Streisand that hasn't been said thousands of times so I wont even attempt too !!....geat selection of songs especialy "I Found You Love"...and she has complete control of her voice...she recorded this L/P about 1977 just after her Film "A Star Is Born".....nice cover !!
1. Superman 2. Don't Believe What You Read 3. Baby Me Baby 4. I Found You Love 5. Answer Me
1. My Heart Belongs To Me 2. Cabin Fever 3. Love Comes From Unexpected Places 4. New York State of Mind 5. Lullaby For Myself
This is a nice selection of tunes in waltz time from
films....recorded in "Panoramic Stereo" which I suppose is "Pye's"
version of Upgrade Stereo...I suppose if you have Hi-Fi equipment that
costs the earth !! ( A Couple Thousand pounds would do it) you would
perhaps hear a difference but to my gentle ears and my modest equipment
its sounds the same as normal Stereo!!....A good treat for all easy
1. Women In Love 1. Moon River 2. Peyton Place 2. A Taste Of Honey 3. Ballerina 3. Edelweiss 4. Lara's Theme 4. Jean 5. Hushabye Mountain 5. Romeo & Juliet 6. Quentin's Theme 6. The Last Waltz
I think that this was Leo's 2nd L/P a couple of great tracks are "Long Tall Glasses" and the song "One Man Band"!... This I Believe is the best L/P that Leo has done....Produced by his then Manager & Promoter "Adam Faith"
1.Telepath 2. Train
3. The Bells Of St Mary's 4. One Man Band
5. In My Life
1. When I Came Home This Morning 2. Long Tall Glasses 3. Another Time 4. Solo 5. Giving It All Away
Let's now jet off now to Sunny "Spain" and do some "Flemenco" Dancing !! This one is IMHO one of the best of The 50 Guitar series....and
again we have that little man running around fiddling with the knobs and
sliders !!....Seriously I shouldn't deride the talent of the main
guitar performers who according to the back of the sleeve and one or two
other people that have made a comment is...TOM TEDESCO......But I like
the thought of that little man running around the recording studio !!!
1. Lady Of Spain 2. Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars 3. Conquest 4. Meditation 5. La Violetera 6. Adios Mariquita Linda
1. Valencia 2. In A Little Spanish Town 3. El Relicario 4. Blue Tango 5. Marcheta 6. Temptation
I think the cover is great...songs are good too not many well known ones...
Over the years she has recorded some great album's and singles...
One of her best CD's in my opinion was one called "Blue Lady"..."The Nashville Sessions"She recorded it in 1975 but it was'nt released till 1995 it was recorded for the ABC Record Company...reason for the delay according to the review was "Creative differences with the label" ...whatever that means so it was lying on a shelf for 20 years
1. Chariot 2. Coeur Blesse 3. Les Chants De L'Ete 4. Les Colimacons 5. Dans Le Train De Nuit
6. Claquez Vos Doigts
1. Les Beaux Jours 2. L 'Enfant Do 3. Chanson D'Argentine Tes Yeux Blues 4. Vilaine Fille Mauvais Garcon 5. L'Amour Que Tu M' As Donne 6. Darling Cheri
Side One is gentle soft Dionne and Side Two is Dionne in power mode....recorded in 1969
1. I Say A little Prayer 2. This Girls In love With You 3. Little Green Apples 4. Where Is Love 5. Who Is Gonna Love Me 1. The Windows Of The World 2. Where Am I Going 3. Silent Voices 4. Lonely In My Heart 5. Yesterday I Heard The Rain
Here's Paul Simon on his own except on the track "My Little Town" which he is joined by his former singing partner "AG"....All the songs were written by Paul so you would say that they are contemporary songs of the mid 70's....there is one that is a bit of a puzzler and that is "Your Kind"....its got me stumped... Is it a picture !!...a dog !! a cat !!....what the heck is he leaving ??!!!!!
1. Still Crazy After All These Years 2. My Little Town 3. I Do It For Your Love 4. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover 5. Night Game
1. Gone At Last 2. Some Folks Lives Roll Easy 3. Have A Good Time 4. You're Kind 5. Silent Eyes
Linda Lewis has a voice that you either love or hate....I love it !!....A very talented singer songwriter in fact all the songs on this L/P she wrote herself...a couple of her hits are on this one...Its one of those L/P's that the more you listen to it the better it becomes.....so have a listen Folk's !!!!
1. Spring Song 2. Reach For The Truth 3. Its The Frame 4. Feeling Feeling 5. What Are You Asking Me For 6. Lark
1. Rock A Doodle Doo 2. Old Smokey 3. Gladly Give My Hand 4. More Than A Fool 5. Been My Best 6. Waterbaby 7. Ten Little Indians
like a "Pop" L/P with the title usually associated with singers....But
no it ain't it's a CLASSICAL one !!!....As usual all or most of the
tracks are easily recognisable so give it a go and a listen !! 1. Prelude To "Die Meistersinger"....George Szell And The Cleveland Orchestra 2. Bridal Chorus From "Lohengrin"..... The Mormon Tabernacle Choir 3. The Ride Of The Valkyries....Leonard Bernstein And The New York Philharmonic 1. Prelude To Act 3 "Lohengrin"....Eugene Ormandy And The Philadelphia Orch 2. Liebestod From "Tristan & Isolde"....Eugene Ormandy And The Philadelphia Orch 3. Festmarch From "Tannhauser"....Leonard Bernstein And The New York Phil 4. Pilgrims Chorus From "Tanhauser"....The Mormon Tabernacle Choir