3. Cielito Lindo Y Carnavalito
Wednesday, 28 October 2020
Though Graham is commonly referred to as a folk musician, the diversity of his music shows strong influences from many genres. Elements of blues, jazz, and Middle Eastern music are evident throughout his work...There are three extra tracks. 7.8 & 9
1. Don't Stop The Carnival
3. Take Five
4. How Long How Long Blues
5. Sunset Eyes
6. Cry Me a River
1. The Ruby And The Pearl
4. Yellow Bird
5. Blues For Betty
8. Davy's Train Blues
9. 3 4 AD
Monday, 26 October 2020
Sunday, 25 October 2020
2. You Stepped Out Of A Dream
3. I Remember You
4. The Last Time I Saw Paris
5. Street Of Dreams
6. Our Love Is Here To Stay
1. Love Is Just Around The Corner
2. You Made me Love You
3. The Nearness Of You
5. Speak Low
1. Love Is Just Around The Corner.
Friday, 23 October 2020
Thursday, 22 October 2020
"The New Symphony Orchestra Of London" is Conducted By "Rene Leibowitz"
1. H.M.S. Pinafore
2. Hora Staccato
3. Minuet from Quintet In A
4. Ritual Fire Dance
5. The Skaters Waltz
1. Naila Waltz
2. The Flight Of The Bumble Bee
4. Suite From Porgy And Bess
2. Hora Staccato
Re-Post and Re-Recording on a New Audio - Technica Turntable....Sound 100% better !!!
Another trip down memory lane 45's & EP's . A reminder of how you listened to music !!!!..ages ago !!
First there was the Cylinder then we got the Brittle Shellac 78 rpm followed by EP's & 45rpm
out came the Reel To Reel Tape Recorder followed by Cassette's which was thiner and smaller tape..then we had 8 track players that you got in your car....OOOPs nearly forgot the humble Vinyl L/P started off 10 inch and progressed to 12 inch !!!!....have I forgotten anything ???
and finally we have Digital MP3's Ect Ect Ect !!!..what next I wonder !!!...any Ideas !!
Anyway enjoy these blasts from my past !!!
1. Malaguena / Mambo From Chile....Caterina Valente
2. Babalu / Bambino....Caterina Valente
3. Moonglow & The Theme From Picnic....Morris Stoloff & Orchestra
4. Theme From Picnic....George Dunning & Orchestra
5. Live It Up / I Want Your Love Tonight....Dusty Springfield
6. I Wanna Make You Happy / Now That Your My Baby.....Dusty Springfield
7. If You Go Away....Damita Jo
8. When The fog Rolls In From San Fransisco....Damita Jo
7. If You Go Away
Monday, 19 October 2020
1. Mood Indigo
Thursday, 15 October 2020
1. In The Mood......Joe Loss & His Orchestra
2. Oasis......Joe Loss & His Orchestra
3. Prelude In E Minor OP 35 No 1......Vladimir De Pachmann
4. Chopin's Prelude's In B Minor & G Major.....Vladimir De Pachmann
5. Che Gelida Manina......Beniamino Gigli
6. Salve Dimora Casta E Pura.....Beniamino Gigli
7. Ah Sweet Mystery Of Life......Nelson Eddy
8. Neath The Southern Moon.....Nelson Eddy
Joshua Alexander "Joe" Loss LVO OBE (22 June 1909 – 6 June 1990) was a British dance band leader and musician who founded his own eponymous orchestra.
The Joe Loss Orchestra was one of the most successful acts of the big band era in the 1940s, with hits including "In the Mood". In 1961 they had a hit with "Wheels—Cha Cha", a version of the String-A-Longs' hit "Wheels". Other hits included David Rose's "The Stripper" in 1958, "Sucu Sucu", "Must Be Madison", "The Theme from Maigret" and "March of the Mods (The Finnjenka Dance)" of 1964.
Vladimir von Pachmann, also called Vladimir de Pachman, (born July 27, 1848, Odessa, Ukraine, Russian Empire—died January 6, 1933, Rome, Italy), Russian pianist known for his performances of the music of Frédéric Chopin.
Beniamino Gigli (pronounced [benjaˈmiːno) 20 March 1890 – 30 November 1957) was an Italian opera singer. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest tenors of his generation.
Gigli rose to true international prominence after the death of the great Italian tenor Enrico Caruso in 1921. Such was his popularity with audiences he was often called "Caruso Secondo", though he much preferred to be known as "Gigli Primo". In fact, the comparison was not valid as Caruso had a bigger, darker, more heroic voice than Gigli's sizable yet honey-toned lyric instrument.
1. In The Mood