Total Pageviews

Monday 24 June 2019

Barbra Streisand


   Now then !!! I have a bit of an issue with this L/P.....BUT before I go into it I have to tell you that it has my all time favourite "Streisand" track and also my second favourite one on it !!
that is...No 1 all time great track..."The Kind Of Man A Woman Needs" No 2..."He Touched Me"....both of these are "Barbra" at her best !!!!......Now comes the moans....I wish that the producers had toned down the orchestra... on some of the tracks I think that it seems like the vocals and orchestra where trying to outdo one another to see who could be louder !!....It is from a TV special show....maybe it's taken from that but I doubt it...I think that Barbra would have gone into the studio to record the tracks...OR maybe I have a faulty pressing....be interested if any one out there who has the L/P has a pristine one !!...and is different !!


1. He Touched Me
2. The Shadow Of Your Smile
3. Quiet Night
4. I Got Plenty Of Nothing
5. How Much Of The Dream Comes True
6. Second Hand Rose

1. The Kind Of Man A Woman Needs
2. All That I Want
3. Where's That Rainbow
4. No More Songs For Me
5. Medley
   a. Second Hand Rose
   b. Give Me The Simple Life
   c. I Got Plenty Of Nothing
   d. Brother Can You Spare a Dime
   e. Nobody Knows You When Your Down And Out
   f. Second Hand Rose
   g. The Best Things In Life Are Free   



 1. He Touched Me.

1 comment: