Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 May 2023

Ella Fitzgerald.

I wasn't going to post any of the "Ella Songbooks"but having been listening to them again and decided to post them...I have most of the "Songbooks"on L/P's and have also bought them again on CD's....I still think that they sound better as an L/P....true there is no crackles or pops...but there is still something different in the sound !!...starting with the Gershwin's there are 5 Volumes so will be posting the rest soon...All 5 have their covers painted by an French artist called "Bernard Buffet"who incidentally is one of my favourite modern artists.

P.S. The Info on the songs comes from the Booklet that came with the CD's it is very informative so enjoy the read !!

1. Sam And Delilah
2. But Not For Me
3. My One And Only
4. Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
5. I've Got Beginners Luck

1. Oh Lady Be Good
2. Nice Work If You Can Get It
3. Things Are Looking Up
4. Just Another Rhumba
5. How Long has This Been Going On




       2. But Not For Me

6 comments:

  1. Luigi, thank you very much.
    Ella is always welcome and being "stereo" is even better.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally seem to prefer LP too. It can depend upon the skills of the recorder sometimes I think.

    Either is fine with me though. :)

    Thanks for everything and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 522Oh, Bernard Buffet was a french painter!
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you anonymous JJ for pointing out my mistake..Yes he was a French painter and not American...It wa either a "Senior Moment" or a slip of thye fingers on the keyboard...Cheers.....Luigi !!

    ReplyDelete