Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Anne Shelton

I wish I had taken more care of the sleeves of my L/P's cos' this one is falling to pieces hence the sellotape around the edges but after 50 odd years it peels off leaving a yellow stain as you can see...that's the adhesive dried out....But that does not make any difference to the contents of the record...A fantastic one is this... Anne Shelton at her peak and sounding great....Now where are all the Classy English singers of today they seemed to have disappeared I wish we had some singers that have crystal clear voices so we can understand the words of the song they are singing....Okay styles and songs have changed over the last 50 odd years so its good job that "Edison" had a brainwave"!!!!...Oh yes forgot we do have a classy singer of today "Dame Shirley" of course...anybody got any other idea's!!!

P.S. This L/P is the best that Anne recorded  (IMHO)

1. My Heart Sings
2. Now I Know
3. How Did He Look
4. Tangerine
5. I'll Never Smile Again
6. There's a Lull In My Life

1. September Song
2. Let There Be Love
3. I Remember You
4. Taking a Chance On Love
5. Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe 
6. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
    4. Tangerine

4 comments: