Total Pageviews

Friday 29 December 2023

Li'L Abner (Film).


 This is another of my favorite films....the songs are very good....I think that you would have to see the film to appreciate them.....But a couple of them could be familiar like "I'm Past My Prime" and "Namely You".....so if you want a treat sometime go and see it....its an old film so if it comes on TV or you see it in your local DVD shop give youself a treat....It's corny but good !!

1. Overture / A Typical Day
2. If I Had My Druthers
3. Jubilation T Cornpone
4. Don't That Take The Rag Offen The Bush
5. Room Unuff For Us
6. Namely You

1. The Country's In The Very Best Of Hands
2. Unnecessary Town
3. I'm Past My Prime
4. I Wish It Could Be Otherwise
5. Put Em' Back The Way They Wuz
6. The Matrimonial Stomp And Finale



3. I'm Past My Prime

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Luigi, the Namely Me track sounds very rough, like it was recorded off the record with dust on the needle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike...Yep the track does sound rough its the last track on the record and I have found sometimes the pressing sometimes affects the playing of the last track on the record....of course it could also be a faulty stylus plus the fact that the L/P must be at least 40 years old !!...cheers ..Luigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great nugget all the same! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave..Here's Li'l Abner that you requested....enjoy it....cheers....Luigi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Luigi, the link seems to have disappeared. Or, I just don't see it??? Help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Espo - much appreciated

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the L'il Abner film soundtrack, a nice addition to my collection. May I perhaps suggest an album which complements this and offers an alternative view: Shelly Manne and Friends 1957 jazz take on the musical released on the Contemporary label. It has Manne, Andre Previn and Leroy Vinnegar performing nine jazz versions. The same band also issued a very good jazz rendition of the My Fair Lady soundtrack which is well worth exploring. Anyway, thanks again for posting the film version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Man...thanks for your comment much appreciated...I do have the two Shelly Manne & Friends posted on my other music Blog.....https://mickluigi.blogspot.com/....if you would like to visit it your welcome !....Thanks again for your input.....Cheers...Luigi /Espo..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the link

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Film If You Like Wacky Films !!
    RE-POST
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete