Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Barbra Streisand


With this L/P Barbra still has not got 100% control over her voice.. but still it's some of the best early vocals of hers...what she does with the track "Down With Love"is nothing but genius...I wonder what it would sound like if she did it now!!!...There is no doubt that her voice has changed and gone deeper and these days she has got full control of her voice....and there is a definite different sound now....Her record company CBS released a 45 single of two songs from this L/P that are different versions "My Colouring Book" & "Lover Come Back To Me"so I am posting them as well so you can hear the difference !!

P.S. Some Production Information....both the L/P and the single was produced by "Mike Bernikar"The L/P was released in England in 1963 and was arranged and conducted by "Peter Matz"....the single was released in England in 1962 and the track "My Colouring Book" was arranged and conducted by "Robert Mersey"..."Lover Come Back To Me" was arranged and conducted by "George Williams"......there is defiantly a difference in the "Colouring Book" track but not much difference to the "Lover" track !!!

1. Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home
2. Right As The Rain
3. Down With Love
4. Who Will Buy
5. When The Sun Comes Out

1. Gotta Move
2. My Colouring Book
3. I Don't Care Much
4. Lover Come Back To Me
5. I Stayed To Long At The Fair
6. Like A Straw In The Wind
7. My Colouring Book ( 45 Single )
8. Lover Come back To Me ( 45 Single )



   3. Down With Love

3 comments: