Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 July 2023

Shirley Bassey.

Here's a very young "Shirl" recording and it evokes great memories for me from the late 50's seeing her at the start of her career at our local "Variety" Venue "The Palace" which unfortunately is now no longer there in its place is "Argos" and a Car Park !!!...I wish we had the Conservationists that we have now, in the 50's I'm sure that a lot of the great buildings that The "Council" in their wisdom got demolished would still be with us !!!...Ok Rant over back to "Dame Shirl" I would guess that these recordings would be some of the first that she recorded on the "Phillips" Label including her Hit "As I Love You "....Her Voice is now completely different owing to a throat operation later on and also with age the voice does change even those who can't sing like me !!!

1. Burn my Candle
2. Night And Day
3. Crazy Rhythm
4. The Banana Boat Song
5. Love For Sale
6. From This Moment On

1. Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss me
2. You You Romeo
3. My Funny Valentine
4. How About You
5. Fire Down Below
6. As I Love You


         6. As I Love You
         2. Night And Day

5 comments:

  1. Many thanks, espo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the Dame Shurl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi espo can you re up this for me please

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave...here is the re-post that you requested...enjoy...Cheers Luigi
    RE-POST
    👍!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot - Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss Me has been my latest ear worm
    for a week or more.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete