Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 November 2016

Jimmy Young

Here's defiantly a blast from the past !!..mine as well !!...takes me back to my early teenage years when I  used to work in my spare time at our local Theatre "The Palace" as a "Call Boy" 
It has a different connotation today so I'd better explain !!...My job was to make sure the artists got on the stage at the right time from their dressing rooms so I had to knock on the doors and "Call" them !! when the time was right...I remember "Jimmy Young" he used to arrive at the theatre in a white two seater sports car....here are some of his hits....later in his career he became a broadcaster on the BBC....unfortunatly he is no longer with us....Thanks for this one "John" brought back some great memories...cheers !!!

 Sir Leslie Ronald "Jimmy" Young CBE (21 September 1921 – 7 November 2016) was an English singer and radio personality.[1] Early in his career he had two number ones and several other top ten hits in the UK chart, but he became better known for his long-running show on BBC Radio 2.

1.  Too Young
2. The Man From Laramie
3. Eternally
4. Faith Can Move Mountains
5. Unchained Melody
6. Someone On Your Mind
7. Chain Gang
8. The Wayward Wind
9. Rich Man Poor Man
10. More
11. Miss You

2 comments: