Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 November 2016

Slim Whitman.320 Kbps

Here's another of "Slim's" early recordings.....I wonder who was the first to record the version of "I Remenber You"!!!!..."Slim" or "Frank Ifield"...because they both seem the same note by note !!.....I should imagine that it was "Frank" that did the cover version...in the 50's & 60's there were quite a few English singers that looked to the USA for Song inspiration !!

1. I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen
2. Unchain My Heart
3. When I Grow To Old To Dream
4. I'll Never Take You Back Again
5. Put your Trust In Me
6. Peggy O'Neill

1. I Remember You
2. Backward Turn Backward 
3. Beautiful Dreamer
4. I Talk To The Waves
5. Hi Lili Hi Lo
6. Blueberry Hill
 


2 comments:

  1. I Remember You was published in 1941. The music was written by Victor Schertzinger, the lyrics by Johnny Mercer.

    It was sung in the film The Fleet's In (1942) by Dorothy Lamour, and many other versions were recorded later by popular artists of the period.

    Frank Ifield recorded the song in a yodeling country-music style in 1962, and Slim Whitman recorded it in 1975.

    ReplyDelete