Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Shirley Bassey.....320 Kbps


This one from "Dame Shirl"was recorded in "Vancouver"or at least the vocals were and it seems that the music was recorded and mixed in "Hollywood"...so it tells us on the back sleeve !!!......Now that to me is a bit disillusioned....I always imagine that a great singer like Shirley would want to have the orchestra at the back of her and record it "Live".....But I suppose that this goes on quite a bit when the two factors can't be in the recording studio at the same time.....It does not deter the fact that this is still a great L/P with some great tracks and "Shirl" in in a quieter mode.....Hey Ho !!...the wonders of technology go on and on and on !!!

1. All By Myself
2. This Masquerade
3. If And When
4. He's Out Of My Life
5. New York State Of Mind

1. Can You Read My Mind
2. Only When I Laugh
3. Solitaire
4. New York Medley
5. We Don't Cry Out Loud


    4. He's Out Of my Life.

2 comments: