Total Pageviews

Monday 26 June 2023

Kiri Te Kanawa.

 
This one I have mixed feelings with....arrangements by "Nelson Riddle"..fantastic and Kiri sings in a lower key so she is not using her "Operatic" voice...on the whole it's a good set of standards the only thing is I wish she had "swung" it a bit more...that is a couple of tracks she does do just that but I would have liked her to do more....best track is "I didn't Know What Time It Was"

P.S. Just think what a good track "How High The Moon" might have been if Kiri had done an "Operatic Scat" ala "Ella"

1. Blue Skies
2. Speak Low
3. It Might As Well Be Spring
4. Here's That Rainy Day
5. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
6. Yesterdays

1. So In Love
2. How High The Moon
3. True Love
4. Gone With The Wind
5. When I Grow To Old To Dream
6. The Folks Who Live On The Hill



          5. I Didn't Know What Time It Was

4 comments:

  1. Kiri Te Kanawa singing all this beautiful songs accompained by Nelson Riddle's orchestra and his arrangements... Wowwww! Shall listen this soon! (I thing this post should be tagged with Nelson's label). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sadly also no link!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got them all now, thanks a lot once more!

    ReplyDelete