Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 May 2023

Louisa Jane White.

 Could anybody out there tell me what happened to this excellent singer...I first heard her on the radio in the 70's she has a distinctive voice and I thought that with a good management and good luck she would have made it big time....I have "Googled" her but can't find out much...she sang a song for "Song For Europe" called "Take The Money And Run"and released it with a couple of other songs but it seems that this is the only L/P that she made which is a pity because it's quite a good one....She has a video on "Utube" of "Take The Money" which I have tried to put on this Blog but it won't seem to let me do it..despite following loads of different instructions from different sources....I wish that computer instructions were more user friendly....getting back to the L/P it's definitely worth having a listen....best track is the first one Um.Um.Um. Um Um......Enjoy a new singer from the 70's..

P.S. as you can see from the video below I did manage to "suss" the way to put Video's on this blog !!.....Also since I posted this in 2016 I checked again for information about Louisa and she has now got a Bio' on Wikipedia...so my interest in her and her voice is now fulfilled...and it's still a great L/P although its over 50 years old !!

1. Um Um Um Um Um Um
2. Children
3. Say Mister Moon
4. The Time To Say Goodbye
5. It Don't Matter To Me
6. If You Need A Friend

1. It's An Ill Wind
2. Old Fashioned Love Song
3. Hang On To A Dream
4. Lo And Behold
5. The Seasons Song
6. Jerusalem



          1. Um Um Um Um Um Um

3 comments:

  1. I saw her perform live in Blackpool in 1979 at North Pier - she was the female vocalist in the summer season show starring Russ Abbott and The Black Abbotts. She sang several times during the show - very accomplished performer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for this fine stuff!

    ReplyDelete