Total Pageviews

Friday 19 May 2023

Carmen McRae


 So now here we have one of the many underrated singers of this century singing some great standard songs PLUS ! one of my favourite songs that she does "Poor Butterfly"...Unfortunately the version here is a different one...never the less it is still good... will have to dig it out and post them together one day !!........so it's May 2023 now and this repost will have the two versions of "Poor Butterfly" on it...and the sound bite....the second one is the best and my favourite !! 


1. The Sound Of Silence
2. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
3. MacArthur Park
4. Watch What Happens
5. Stardust
6. Don't Go Away

1. Gloomy Sunday
2. I Sold My Heart To The Junkman
3. Poor Butterfly
4. My Heart Reminds Me
5. The Folks Who Live On The Hill
6. Can You Tell 




          3. Poor Butterfly
          3a. Poor Butterfly

2 comments:

  1. 'Gloomy Sunday' was composed in 1935 by Rezso Seress, a musician of Hungarian origin, who - due to the later communist rule in Hungary - was never able to claim his royalties (370 000 US Dollars at the time). He often said: "Where will the Beatles be when I'm still here."
    Poor and forgotten, he committed suicide in 1968 in Budapest.

    ReplyDelete