Total Pageviews

Monday 27 February 2017

Arthur Prysock

Yep ! when I first heard this one I thought that "John" had sent me a "Billy Eckstine" by mistake but checking on "Wikie" and reading about him it is the right L/P !!
Its a great set of classic standards sung well !!
 Arthur Prysock Jr. (January 1, 1924 or 1929 – June 14, 1997) was an American jazz and R&B singer best known for his live shows and his baritone, influenced by Billy Eckstine.[5] According to his New York Times obituary, "his heavy, deep voice projected a calm, reassuring virility."

1. Ebb Tide
2. Stella By Starlight
3. I'll Be Around
4. Because
5. There Will Never Be Another You
6. Am I Asking Too Much

1. Autumn Leaves
2. Jet
3. Are You Ready For a Laugh
4. I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone
5. Where Can I Go 
6. My Wish





04 -because.mp3

6 comments:

  1. Luigi & John
    Many thanks for this album and many others I may use
    Greetings from the Flanders
    Mireille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Arthur Prysock. Please post more by him. He is an often overlooked gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this album.

    Great singer. Sounds like Billy Eckstine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An album I wished I had o missed. Could you re-up?

    ReplyDelete