Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Love Makes A Woman...Barbara Acklin.

Barbara Jean Acklin (February 28, 1943 – November 27, 1998) was an American soul singer and songwriter, who was most successful in the 1960s and 1970s. Her biggest hit as a singer was "Love Makes a Woman" (1968). As a songwriter, she is best known for co-writing the multi-million-selling "Have You Seen Her" (1971) with Eugene Record, lead singer of the Chi-Lites.

1. What The World needs Now Is Love.
2. The Look Of Love.
3. The Old Matchmaker.
4. Come And See Me Baby.
5. Iv'e Got You Baby.
6. Love Makes A Woman

1. Please Sunrise Please.
2. Your Sweet Loving.
3. Yes I See The Love I Missed.
4. To Sir With Love.
5. Be By My Side.

        5. Be By My Side.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks.!
    I got her on a complete Brunswick collection, but good to hear her n LP too.
    Fred.

    ReplyDelete