Total Pageviews

Friday 8 May 2020

Al Martino...320 Kbps



Everyone who likes music from the 50's and 60's should be aware of "Frank Sinatra's" L/P 
"Songs For Swinging Lovers" which is just about the best Sinatra made....This one comes a close second to it !!!...having said that I don't think anyone will ever beat "SFSL"....I've always liked Al Martino and he has recorded some good "pop" singles at the start of his singing career in the 50's who could forget "Here In My Heart"which incidentally was the first No 1 record when the UK started there "Top Charts"...then there was "Rachael"..."Story Of Tina" Ect...best track on this L/P is "Summertime"....different !!

P.S. I've said it once before and I'll say it again the "Arrangement's & Orchestrations can make a hell of a difference in the making of a excellent L/P or CD.... and this Orchestra that is backing Al Martino is first class....must say I have never heard of "Stanley Applebaum

1. Baby Wont You Please Come Home
2. All Of Me
3. It Had To Be You
4. Why Do I Love You
5. Three Little Words
6. I've Got You Under My Skin
7. When Your Lover has Gone

1. All Or Nothing At All
2. Without A Word Of Warning
3. Makin' Whoopee
4. Sunday
5. That Old Feeling
6. Summertime


   6. Summertime.

4 comments:

  1. I've always really liked a single of his from the 70s, probably one of his last singles. It's a song called To the Door of the Sun. It's loaded with imagery, and Martino does a fine job with it. (There is a youtube video someone made of it with memorable imagery too-the version they use is also the first time I heard it entirely in English, rather than English and Italian.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to this with a lot of interest. I've not heard much by Martino this early in his career. Very impressive! He does not have a Sinatra voice-never did. But you hear a lot of Sinatra in his phrasing. His diction is a bit Sinatra like too. A wonderful album. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dynamite......great stuff. I did check out that door of the sun.....quite interesting

    ReplyDelete