Total Pageviews

Monday 11 May 2020

Dean Martin....320 Kbps


These are tracks from the 50's...there is no info on the back sleeve about them but I used to have a couple of the tracks on a 78rpm which as I said before "accident on my bike" which smashed quite a few of them...Also on a few of the tracks you have a sax doing a solo bit and I remember on the label the orch was conducted by a "Dick Stabile"and the Sax I think is an Alto Sax is featured on quite a few....I think it's an Alto it's not a "Raspy" sound like the Tenor Sax....Its like the "Sloping Sax's" of the "Billy May's Orch" !!


1. I Ran All The Way Home
2. Love Me Love Me
3. I Know A Dream When I See One
4. Hanging Around With You
5. Never Before
6. Aw C'mon

1. Try Again
2. Till I Found You
3. Solitaire
4. You Belong To Me
5. Second Chance
6. If I Could Sing Like Bing



   4. Hanging Around With You.

6 comments:

  1. I think this one was recorded for the American market in 1953 and later released in the UK in 1955. I always like to get the year of release but the older vinyl recordings never seem to have any date information.

    Does 1953/55 sound good to you Luigi?

    There is a later release of the same name / title but all tracks are different, this was Music For Pleasure MFP1001, 1965.

    Spent too much time trying to trace this one, it looks very rare indeed so I'm off to give it a good playing!

    Thanks for the latest superb posting, you're spoiling us!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this rare record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a compilation of various early songs originally released on 78s.

    Dick Stabile was the arranger and sax soloist on many of Dean's Capitol records. I think he was quite a fan of Duke Ellington's sax player Johnny Hodges. A lot of alto players back then imitated Hodges technique.

    Great collection. Dean sounds great on his early records. His voice was certainly weakened from smoking and age by the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to Discogs this is a 1965 comp.

    ReplyDelete