Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Johnny Mathis.


With the event of "Disco" most of the top recording singers decided to give it a go...this is "Johnny Mathis" effort !!.....Nearly all the L/P's I have heard featuring the Disco sound seem to concentrate purely on that "Strolling Disco Beat" as I call it leaving the singer in the background....but I supose it was a good "Bandwaggon" to get on at the time...and despite all I am saying some good tracks have been produced by different singers in the "Disco" Mode !!
And Johnny does some good ones on this one...Seems that the "Standard" songs are a good bet for the "Strolling Disco Beat"we have two on here "Night And Day" & "That Old Black Magic"!!......Not all Tracks Are "Disco"...some nice typical JM songs !!...notably "New York State Of Mind " !!!

1. No One But The One You Love
2. Night And Day
3. Love
4. My Body Keeps Changing My Mind
5. New York State Of Mind

1. She Believes In Me
2. That Old Black Magic
3. You Saved My Life
4. To The Ends Of The Earth
5. Heart Soul Body And Mind



     2. That Old Black Magic.

1 comment: