Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 June 2023

Yvonne De Carlo


There is plenty of information on the back sleeve about Yvonne's voice and career which is a nice change, so many  L/P' back sleeves give very little info...You can definitely hear the influence of her Opera voice training so if you like that type of voice then this will be right up your street...Plenty of songs with "Blue" in the title... It could have been titled "Yvonne Sings The Blues"!!!!!The extra 7 tracks I guess could be singles or maybe a 45 EP.......Yep I Was Right !!...just found this on Wikipedia !!!

In June 1957, Billboard announced that Remington Records would release film star Yvonne De Carlo's first LP record, an album of blues songs. Although it was her first album, this was not her first commercial recording. In 1951, Columbia Records released a 78 rpm single with her two songs from Hotel Sahara, "I Love a Man" and "Say Goodbye". In 1955, she sang "Take It or Leave It" in Flame of the Islands, which was arranger Nelson Riddle's first film work. Riddle encouraged her to become a recording artist and made sure Capitol Records recorded the song, which was released as a 45 rpm single with "Three Little Stars" on the B-side.

1.The End Of A Love Affair
2. In The Blue Of The Evening
3. I Got It Bad
4. Am I Blue
5. Little Girl Blue

1. Blue Moon
2. But Not For Me
3. My Blue Heaven
4. Mood Indigo
5. One For My Baby
6. Say Goodbye
7. You Belong To My Heart
8. Take It Or Leave It
9. That's Love
10.The Secret Of Love
11. Three Little Stars
12. I'm Still Here





          3. My Blue Heaven

1 comment: