Another singer I have not heard of !! Gud on you "John" from across the Pond !... for introducing me, and I guess others as well to singers not so well known.....this L/P gives a two sided dip into her style as the front and the back depicts !!...First six tracks is the happy set and second six are the blue ones...If you didn't know you would perhaps think that you was listening to two singers !!
1. Last Night On The Back Porch
2. When My Baby Smiles At Me
3. Aint We Got Fun
4. I Double Dare You
5. You Got Me
6. Bye Bye Blues
1. Sometimes I'm Happy
2. In Love In Vain
3. Nobody's Heart
4. He Was Too Good To Me
5. Gee I Hate To Go Home Alone
6. Better Luck Next Time
Jill Corey (born Norma Jean Speranza; September 30, 1935 – April 3, 2021)
Jill was a prominent American popular standards singer who gained fame in the 1950s. She was discovered and signed on one day when she was 17, and she went on to have her own radio shows and star in a feature film. Corey was known for her cover of a French song, "Let It Be Me," in 1957, and her 1956 song, "Egghead," which focused on "failed masculinity" of an egghead. She starred in a feature-length musical film for Columbia Pictures, entitled Senior Prom, which was co-produced by Moe Howard of The Three Stooges. Corey was a regular on television variety programs and had her own syndicated radio and television shows. She is remembered for her contributions to the music industry and her performances that captured the hearts of many.
8. In Love In Vain.


A Happy And Blue cool singer !!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy !