Total Pageviews

Monday 25 January 2021

Caterina Valente.320 Kbps


 Now this cover looks a lot battered and torn..so it should be... it's my favourite L/P of all time and like all the "Valente" records that I will be posting on here has been played thousands of times.. times ten!!...word to everyone !!...if you only download one L/P from this site this is the one !! every track is pure gold...you usually find that an L/P or CD that you buy has one or two excellent tracks on it the rest are OK ..if you are lucky....this one has got every track 100% grrrrrrrrreat....Cor' I do go on dont I !!!
But don't take my word for it have a
"Download" on me !!....I would definatly like some comments on this one PLEASE !!!
The 1st track "Secret Love"is going to take you by surprise!!!

1. Secret Love
2. Kiss Of Fire
3. All My Love
4. Tenderly
5. Stairway To The Stars
6. Over The Rainbow

1. Side By Side
2. C'est Si Bon
3. Them There Eyes
4. You Better Go
5. Yes My Darling Daughter
6. Golden Earrings



 Somebody kindly cleaned up the front cover and sent it back to me so here it is !!!





     4. You Better Go Now.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Luigi.
    I'm the one who requested this re-up. Really appreciate you doing this for me.

    MPG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this record.
    I liked her voice since i was a child.
    My father had some of her records.
    She worked as an actor too, made some nice movies in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks espo, couldn't resist your invitation on this one. Looking forward to a first listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one since more than ten years or so and was my first Valente album (lucky me). I agree, her approach to Secret Love is quite surprising and I loved since the first time I heard it! All the album is essential. I love all the jazz oriented Valente albums but in this one she's at the top of the game...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to know Catarina here in Germany on the radio, when I was much more interested in jazz from America and did not appreciate music from Germany as much.
    That was a big omission - at least in the case of Catarina Valente. I underestimated her great talent by the partly banal german lyrics, and now I can finally make up for that - thanks to Espo!

    But also Kurt Edelhagen has not been spared this fate, because with a German name he is less noticed than for example Woody Herman and other BigBands from the USA. But even back then, when I could hear him regularly on the radio - luckily he was able to produce his music at a state radio station without any financial risk - that he doesn't have to be afraid of a comparison for example with Duke Ellington. Whereby Duke with his outstanding compositional skills of course stands out from the ranks of the big band leaders.

    And after the first test I can only confirm my above remarks, a wonderful album that absolutely deserves to be listened to with great attention. And I'm already sure that this album will not be forgotten in the archives so quickly, so I say thank you very much for this fine suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. any chance of reupping this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Musick..here's the re-up...enjoy it !!
    👍 !

    ReplyDelete