Re-Post requested by Gav
Pam Ayres MBE (born 14 March 1947) is an English poet, comedian, songwriter and presenter of radio and television programmes.
In 1975, Ayres appeared on the television talent show Opportunity Knocks. This led to a wide variety of guest appearances on TV and radio shows.
Since then she has published six books of poems, toured in a one-woman
stage show, hosted her own TV show and performed her stage show for the
Queen.Her poetry has a deceptively simple style and deals with everyday
subject matter. Her poem Oh, I Wish I'd Looked After Me Teeth, was voted into the Top 10 of a BBC poll to find the Nation's 100 Favourite Comic Poems. In the UK Arts Council's report on poetry, Ayres was identified as the fifth best-selling poet in Britain in 1998 and 1999.
1. The Battery Hen
2. Oh I Wish I'd Looked After Me Teeth
3. Minnie Dyer
4. In Fear Of The Butcher
5. Like You Would
6. The Hegg
7. Pam Ayes And The Embarrassing Experience With The Parrot
8. Don't Sell Our Edgar no More Violins
9. Not You Basil
1. In Defence Of Hedgehogs
3. The Stuffed Horse
4. I'm A Starling..Me Darling
5. The Bike
6. Fling Another Chair Leg On The Fire Mother
7. Father Dear Father Come Home With Me Now
8. Good Will To Men Give Us Your Money
9. Oh No I've Got A Cold